“I went to camp with friends and returned with family.”
Many of our high school students have never traveled beyond their villages and many never know complete acceptance for who they are. Camp AllStars provides students with an experience like no other.
Camp tackles issues like finding their purpose, self-confidence, self-worth and building strong relationships. It is a week of good food, games, hiking, swimming and learning to use their head, heart, hands and habits to lead like Jesus.
Your tax deductible gift of $150 can provide a student a one week camp experience.
Top Ten Reasons Our Children Love Vacation Bible School
VBS is held twice annually for primary school children using Bible based curriculum. An example of a current program focused on God’s Creation and the goal of the program included:
- Equipping children with the knowledge and power of God and his supremacy over all creation
- Developing an appreciation for the beauty of God’s creation and a stewardly attitude toward protecting God’s environment
- Sharing God’s love and assuring the children that God loves them above all other elements of his creations.
The top ten reasons children love VBS:
- Praise and Worship which includes music and dancing
- Reading the Bible and memorizing bible verses
- Singing at the top of their lungs
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Games and other activities
- Crafts with extra sparkles
- Participating in Bible skits
- New theme-based t-shirts
- Playing with friends
- A chicken dinner including soda the last day of camp
Help students learn the skills to tackle poverty
Through Career Guidance, you are providing students the opportunity to attend programs focused on understanding themselves, building leadership skills and learning about future job opportunities. As a result of the program, students will be able to make informed, realistic decisions about career choices and set educational goals that will lead them on the path to become gainfully employed.
You can impact additional programs we offer children, families and staff by contributing to Grace’s Fund.
Your gifts give us the flexibility to provide money to areas most needed. Your gifts can provide extra funding for:
- Scholarships for bright, motivated student
- Sponsorships when a sponsor is no longer able to support a child
- Training and seminars for Children of Grace staff
- Medical emergencies
- Emergency housing
- Supplemental food and clothing
For Ugandan children, the true joy of Christmas doesn’t come from any store.
The true joy comes from family gatherings, going to church in your Sunday best and eating all you want from a once a year menu of chicken, rice, soda and cake.
But for many of our children living in poverty, Christmas is the same as any other day. Parents find it difficult to provide even the most basic foods.
Each year, Children of Grace holds a Christmas celebration for all our children. They come in their best, or maybe their mother’s best, hear and participate in the Christmas story, play games, meet Santa and eat to their heart’s content.
Your donation of any amount can provide a Christmas experience for all our children and in many cases their siblings too. They all come and Christmas is a “whole lot more.”
Children of Grace is accredited by the ECFA and is committed to financial transparency and integrity, fundraising stewardship and the proper use of resources.
Contact Zahara to learn more.
For accounting questions, please contact Catherine.
Children of Grace
250 King Street Unit 552
San Francisco, CA 94107